Saturday, October 8, 2011

Flashback to...


.... the very first scrapbooking crop I ever went to. Now mind you, this was many years ago. I had no idea what to take with me, not much knowledge about scrapbooking in general and as a result, found myself sitting at a table with nothing to do.
There was a die cutting machine available to use - the old Big Red Sizzix - and so I found myself happily cutting. I decided to make tags and that's what I did most of the weekend.
I put the tags into this small book, cleverly titled Tags, lol. The tags are very simple and over the years I've thought about throwing this book away. However, I'm glad I kept it and I think I will add some new tags to it. I know that my style has changed a lot since that first crop!
Link up over at Flashback Friday - the challenge is the first tag you ever made.

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great project...I'm glad that you didn't throw it away...it would be neat to add to it and see how your style changes. Thanks for playing with us at Flashback Friday!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love this!! Soooooooo fun!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

artzellie said...

How wonderful......great idea for a magazine issue.....scrapbook styles evolving

Paper Issues said...

I still have that Big ol' Red Sizzix. LOL. I am trying to wear it out. I also agree with Amy. I think an evolution of style is a great idea!! =)

Chrissy said...

I still have all of my old stuff. They make me laugh and it is so much fun to go back and see how we've all grown and evolved.

~amy~ said...

Hello! I wanted to let you know that I featured your tag on the Flashback Friday post for today!

http://flashbackfridaychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/10/flashback-friday-160-feature-friday-on.html