Sunday, July 16, 2017

Back again...

with another Cake tag to share! When I was a child, my father used to sing these words - "If I knew you were coming, I'd have baked a cake." He sang those words over and over. I thought he made it up. The other day I looked online and found out that it's an actual song from the 1950's!! It was really popular then.

I used background paper from Gecko Galz on the tag. It's called "Take the Cake" from the Kitchy Kool paper set. I added yellow Stickles to the candle flames. I printed out the words and then outlined around them with a blue gel pen. The heart is from my stash. The edges of the tag were inked with brown chalk ink.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

chrissie said...

Terrific tag Joan and I know the song very well and I will be singing it all day long now..my dad used to buy sheet music every Saturday to play on the piano and I learnt the words to all the songs then. Great memories for me thank you

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

I remember that song well, my great auntie used to sing it for me, and she always baked cake for me! Gorgeous tag, and thanks for the lovely memories. Hugs, Valerie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Erika. said...

Love this! She looks like a lady who would bake a cake for sure! Hugs-Erika

Michele said...

this is sassy and wonderful! xo

Words and Pictures said...

Love the retro look of this, and the sunshine colours are so uplifting - great tag.
Alison x